Pages

15 August 2011

When the Poop Hits the Fan

When Adara pours out her berry smoothie. And fingerpaints in it.

When she poops on the carpet in the living room. On purpose.

When she’s screaming. At the top of her lungs.

When Caleb unravels an entire roll of toilet paper. In the toilet.

And I discover that ants have moved into my bedroom.

Under my bed.

In my bed.

This is when it counts. These are the moments when all of the times spent in prayer, in His Presence, in the Word; when I must find the strength of character in Christ to make the next decision, the decision to LOVE. And so I become one with my Savior as I suffer long with my children, learning to an infinitesimal degree my heavenly Father’s long suffering with me. And we connect, He and I, Spirit to spirit. There is a revelation, and understanding that in the suffering, there is obedience. And in the obedience there is love. And the love that was poured out on the cross for me is now able to pour out of me. And the miracle of Grace is made manifest again and again through these little acts, these heart responses. Each time I have a choice.


Today I chose to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

.